Part to-do list...
Part dear diary...
Weekly events, plans (and a question or two) from my oh-so exciting genealogy (and sometimes non-genealogy) life...
"History is neither written nor made without love or hate."
- Theodor Mommsen (1817-1903)
What happened this week:
- Changed my Blogger Profile picture to an actual "me" picture ;) and added the profile widget to the blog's sidebar.
- I separated out two more lists from the main label gadget:: Locations (other than those covered in "Ontario Counties & Districts") and Cemeteries & Churches.
- I've added 24 new-to-me blogs to my reading lists - see below (though I'm sure there will be more, as always!)
- I started charting out a rough draft of a blog schedule - as per one of my goals for the new year...
- More new followers! Who knew I'd have something interesting to say ;-) Hello to everyone (new and old) and thanks for reading! I think I've followed everyone in turn, but if I haven't please let me know!
- I edited the About page and added a header pic [though it may change, something just isn't sitting right...]
- I finished the "52 Weeks to Better Genealogy" challenge for week 10 (Family Search Pilot) and posted the challenge for week 11 (Transitional Genealogists Forum)...
- Regular features included Tombstone Tuesday (Oshawa Union), Wordless Wednesday (a second Valcartier postcard), Tabloid Thursday (1911 fashion), and a 2nd (and just for fun!) Blog Carol (with Bob and Doug McKenzie)...
- My Brick Walls page is posted (though it's only bare bones at the moment...)
- More housekeeping: began (or rather, continued...) indexing and properly labelling documents (currently on births); also still working on FGSs...
- Canadian genealogy blogs
- History blogs:
- Cemetery blogs:
- General genealogy blogs:
- a'spaidsearachd agus a'meòrachadh
- Build a Better GEDCOM
- Destination: Austin Family
- Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
- The Family Archaeologist
- Family Matters
- Genealogy's Star
- In My Life
- Kith and Kin Research
- On a Flesh and Bone Foundation
- Roots and Rambles
- Voice of FGS
What's coming up:
- I was thinking of becoming a FamilySearch Indexer - does anyone else do this? What do you think?
- Tombstone Tuesday and Tabloid Thursday make an appearance...
- ...and in the middle, Wordless Wednesday continues with my "mini-series" of Valcartier picture postcards.
- My results for Week 10 (Transitional Genealogists Forum) of "52 Weeks to Better Genealogy" and a new challenge post for Week 12 (Archive & Library Sites).
- Still mulling over ideas for Military Monday, as well as another personal regular feature inspired by The Wandering Genealogist's Ancestral Profiles... [I like schedules, can't you tell? ;-) ]
- Haven't started (and probably won't start until the holidays when I'm off work) working on my planned Resources page...
Weekly Question ('cuz I'm nosy! ;-)
How do you tag/label your blog posts (if you blog) and how do you (if you do) showcase them on the sidebar/bottom of your blog (list vs. cloud, number vs. not numbered, alphabetically vs. most popular, one long list vs. specialized lists, etc.)?
Whenever I find a new blog, one of first things I do (beside read the posts!) is to see how everything is set up - I'm always on the look-out for ideas! There's always something different, which is good!
Thanks for reading!