Part to-do list...
Part dear diary...
Weekly events, plans (and a question or two) from my oh-so exciting genealogy (and sometimes non-genealogy) life...
"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
What happened this week:
- Fiddled around some more on (and added to) my Blogger profile...
- New followers - hello to everyone and thanks (as always) for reading! I think I've followed everyone in turn, but if I haven't please let me know!
- I've added 17 new-to-me blogs to my reading lists - see below (though I'm sure there will be more, as always!)
- In a word...not much! I had three days off work over the holidays, and planned to work on genealogy... Guess how well that plan turned out! Nevertheless, it was a good (if quiet) holiday and I'm hoping to get back to my research very soon. I hope everyone's holidays' were just as good and Santa didn't pass you by! :)
- I did have my regular postings, however, including Tombstone Tuesday (Oshawa Union), Wordless Wednesday (Valcartier picture postcard, part 3), and Tabloid Thursday (immigration, spending and train travel in 1911)...
- ...as well as "52 Weeks to Better Genealogy", including the results for Week 11 (Transitional Genealogists Forum) and a new challenge for Week 12 (Archive and Library sites).
- I guess my biggest step (even though it only consisted of a couple of clicks!) was becoming a FamilySearch Indexer. I can't wait to get started!
- Thanks to blogs, I found two interesting sites worthy of further investigation: BBC History Magazine's book reviews and a history of the Rise and Fall of the Workhouse from "Anglo-Celtic Connections", a great overview of the Scottish-Gaelic language at Omniglot.com from "a'spaidsearachd agus a'meòrachadh", as well as a book: Great War Commands: Historical Perspectives on Canadian Army Leadership 1914-1918 edited by Andrew B. Godefroy from "Veterans of Southern Ontario".
- History blogs (4):
- Cemetery blogs (5):
- General genealogy blogs (8):
What's coming up:
- My usual Tombstone Tuesday and Tabloid Thursday...
- ...and Wordless Wednesday brings another Valcartier picture postcard.
- My results for Week 12 (Archive and Library sites) of "52 Weeks to Better Genealogy" and a new challenge post for Week 13 (Cyndi's List).
- Besides recovering from turkey overload, I'm not quite sure... We'll just have to see what the week brings!
My Question (among questions!):
Did you get any good genealogical goodies from Santa?
Though nothing overtly genealogical, I did receive a history book about the Black Plague and a Chapters gift card (more books, yay! :)
Thanks for reading!