Part to-do list...
Part dear diary...
Weekly events, plans (and a question or two) from my oh-so exciting genealogy (and sometimes non-genealogy) life...
"Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."
~ Oprah Winfrey (b. 1954)
What happened this week:
- I've added 44 new-to-me blogs to my reading lists - see below (though I'm sure there will be more, as always!)
- As always, thanks for following and reading! I appreciate your comments and I think I've followed everyone in turn, but if I haven't please let me know!
- I received an award! Lisa @ Genealojournal gave me an "Ancestor Approved" award...look for my list later this week...
- I'm still not completely happy with the layout of my blog...nor with the length of the blogrolls (I would like to list everyone I read, but at 200, the blog would be a mile long!)...nor with my header (it seems too small)...sigh.
- I became a RootsWeb Mailing List Administrator again. I used to admin a few years ago, but got out of it. Now I've adopted two surname lists: Story-L and Rivington-L. Both lists are small (Rivington with just 8 subscribers and Story with about 150) and fairly quiet, so it'll be just like riding a bike, right? ;)
- Just like last week, not much actual research occured. However, I did quite a bit of planning and submitted my very first entry for the 101st edition of the Carnival of Genealogy: Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch* : My 2011 Genealogy Research & Writing Plan(s)".
- Regular posts included Tombstone Tuesday (Oshawa Union) and Wordless Wednesday (Valcartier picture postcard, part 4), but I completely missed my Tabloid Thursday...
- Canadian genealogy blogs: (3)
- History blogs: (2)
- General genealogy blogs: (39)
- The Accidental Genealogist
- The Ancestral Archaeologist
- Ancestrally Challenged
- Begin With 'Craft'
- Beiboer - A Frisian Family
- Beth's Genealogy Blog
- A Brummie Family Tree
- Climbing My Family Tree
- The Clue Wagon [thanks Kathy!]
- The Educated Genealogist
- Elyse's Genealogy Blog
- Entwined Roots
- Everything's Relative
- The Faces of My Family
- Family History Research
- Family History Thoughts and Links
- Family History Tracing
- Free Genealogy Resources
- The French Genealogy Blog
- Gene Notes
- Genealogical Gems
- Have You Seen My Roots?
- Heritage Zen
- The Internet Genealogist
- Journey To the Past
- My Channel Island Ancestry
- My Ireland Home
- My Tangled Vine
- Paula's Genealogical Eclectica
- Pursuits of a Desperate Genie
- Sassy Jane Genealogy
- They Came Before
- Tonia's Roots
- The Turning of Generations
- (West) Virginia Wykles and Kin
- What's Past is Prologue
- You Go Genealogy Girls
What's coming up:
- Back to regular schedule programming: Tombstone Tuesday (more Oshawa Union), Wordless Wednesday (my last Valcartier picture postcard), Tabloid Thursday, and "52 Weeks" (the old 2010 version - I'm passing on the new 2011 version).
- Read! Read! Read! I have lots of books that came in through ILLO, so I have to get those read and returned!
Thanks for reading!
*At least it was when I started editing the entry this morning. Now it appears to have stopped. Stupid weather.
My personal research and blog diary for the week ending 2 January 2011.