Thursday, January 20

It's Not Only People... (Tabloid Thursday)

Tabloid Thursday: Where yesterday's news is today...

T.T. is an experimental weekly meme I'm trying here at "Roots & Stones" (please let me know if there are any themes/memes already around like this - I don't want to reinvent the wheel!). 

I wanted a weekly feature where I could showcase articles, those lovely little social news items (i.e. "Mrs. X and daughter visited Mrs. Y this weekend and will be returning home on Thursday..."), and other interesting newspaper "stuff" I've come across in the course of my research.  Thus, Tabloid Thursday...

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~ 

Source: "The Ottawa Citizen", Saturday, March 8, 1941, p. 16, column 3-6
Accessed at Google News archive, 20 January 2010.


These London Rescue Workers Saved Eighteen Lives

Draggled and bewildered, these kittens emerged from their bombed London homes each with all of its nine lives intact. Rescue workers, busy following Nazi air raids on the metropolis, heard faint mewlings from piles of wreckage that had been houses, more work followed, and the cats were rescued.

5 comments:

Kathy Reed said...

Nice post -- and I like your meme.

Carol said...

Like it! May join you, when I find time - - not sure when that will be tho! LOL

Carol said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, and LOVE the new look!!

Jenn said...

Hi Kathy: Thanks! I love to browse through old newspapers - they're great for history! Jenn :)

Jenn said...

Hi Carol:

Double thanks!

Feel free to join in - I actually started this meme before Christmas, but it sort of slipped under the rails over the holidays.

It's similar to Amanuensis Monday - but mine is exclusively newspapers!

Jenn