- Located William and wife Mary (with William's brother and William's son from his first marriage) in the 1871 census (Fitzroy tp., Carleton co., Ontario, CAN).
- Have not located William in the 1881 census and after (wife Mary died in 1874 and son Thomas married in 1872).
- William was not found in the St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery (Pakenham tp., Lanark co., Ontario, CAN) transcription with his wives and son.
- No death registration has been found in the Ontario Death Registration indexes (searched through both the Archives of Ontario in Toronto and Ancestry.com's version)
- William's son Thomas was listed as the informant for Mary's death in 1874 (William's second wife).
Working Hypothesis: William Granger/Grainger died between 1871 and 1874 and is buried at St. Mark's Anglican Cemetery, Pakenham, with the rest of his family.
- Burial registers for Pakenham, held at Anglican Diocese of Ottawa Archives, available for 1841-1970.
- Write to Anglican Diocese of Ottawa Archives asking for a Pakenham burial between 1871 - 1874.